ARE YOU BEING CALLED BY UNITED COLLECTION BUREAU?
United Collection Bureau is a collection agency based out of Toledo, Ohio. If you have been contacted by any of the below numbers, it was potentially United Collection Bureau attempting to collect a debt that you may or may not owe.
(800) 761-5394, (800) 867-3104, (800) 935-1798, (877) 570-0411, (646) 499-5911, (800) 999-9637, (216) 920-0510, (124) 477-7256, (866) 216-4424, (800) 890-8738, (888) 520-1845, (954) 236-6094, (866) 327-7328, (877) 662-5128, (866) 559-4301, (954) 538-7533, (877) 570-0405
You should know that you are not alone in your struggle to pay off your debt and in dealing with debt collectors. Medical emergencies, loss of a job, and family emergencies can happen to anyone and cause your finances to be thrown into disarray. You are already going through a difficult time and you do not need the constant pestering of a debt collector making matters worse.
If you feel that a debt collector is harassing you, you should know that your rights as a consumer are protected under the FairDebt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA. This act lays out a number of rules that prevent collection agencies from unfairly harassing people that owe debt. Under the FDCPA a debt collector cannot:
- Discuss your debt with anyone other than you or your spouse.
- Threaten you with jail time if you are unable to pay off your debt.
- Continue to call you after you have given them the name and contact information of your attorney.
- Continue to call you after you have written them a letter telling them to stop.
- Yell at you or use profanity.
If a debt collector has broken these or any other rules in the FDCPA you could be entitled to up to $1,000 in statutory damages. Not only could you win $1,000, but also if you win the case the collection agency will be responsible for paying your attorney’s fees. If you are sick of being harassed by a debt collector you should not hesitate to get in touch with an attorney to set up a free consultation.