HAS NORTHLAND GROUP, INC. OR RADIUS GLOBAL SOLUTIONS CONTACTED YOU ABOUT YOUR DEBT?
Northland Group, Inc. is a debt collection agency that has received numerous reports of consumer harassment while attempting to collect debts. Many people do not know that just because you owe money does not mean that you have to put up with harassment from debt collectors. Everyone who owes a debt is protected by rules and regulations put in place by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act or FDCPA. Some of the rules laid out in the FDCPA include:
- Debt collectors cannot call you multiple times per week.
- Collectors cannot attempt to engage you in conversation without first telling you that they are calling to collect a debt.
- They cannot call you using an autodialer after you have asked them not to.
- They cannot lie to you or threaten to sue you with no valid legal claim.
- A debt collector cannot add fees to your debt other than those allowed by law.
If a debt collector contacting you has broken these or any other rules in the FDCPA, you may want to consider getting a free consultation from an attorney. Not only will your legal fees potentially be paid for by the collection agency if you win, but you could also win up to $1,000 in damages. The following is a list of numbers that we believe Northland Group, Inc. may have used to call you.
You are not alone in your struggles to pay off your debt and do not deserve to be harassed while you are trying to get your finances in order. Bad things happen to good people and getting thrown into debt can happen to anyone. Be it because of a divorce that has all of the sudden doubled your expenses, or an injury that incurred significant medical expenses, or anything in between, you should be able to try and sort things out without dealing with debt collector harassment.